Ask the Building Maintenance Experts
Solutions for Your Toughest Problems

ICAN  Q & A  Home

Friday, November 27, 2015


How do I get training in crime scene cleanup and what rates are charged? If I need to be licensed by my state, how do I find that out? I live in Northwest Arkansas.


Crime and death scene cleaning is a very specialized field and I suggest that you contact one of the many services listed on the Internet that work there in Arkansas and seek to work with one to them to gain the experience needed.
An Internet search revealed many of these and one gave a pricing schedule ( Iím certain other information such as this is available.
Call your local Health Department and ask about the licensing. You may just need a business license or more may be required.
Since this work is not for the faint of heart and involves exposure to seriously dangerous pathogens, the first concern is the operatorís ability to face troubling conditions without suffering trauma. If you are in that somewhat select group, a call to one of the established firms offering this service would be a good place to start.

Lynn E. Krafft, ICAN/ATEX Editor